Maine Real Estate License Process and Information
Maine Sales Agent
The Maine Sales Agent license is an entry-level ME real estate license that allows you to acquire on-the-job training while being closely supervised in order to gain field experience allowing you complete the requirements for an Associate Broker license. The Sales Agent license is valid for two years and is not renewable.
- Complete the 55 hour Sales Agent course
- Pass the Pearson VUE examination with a minimum grade of 75%
- Apply to the Maine Real Estate Commission
- Be at least 18-years old at the time of ME licensing application
- Hold a high-school diploma or equivalent
IMPORTANT NOTE – Application for the sales agent license must be made within one (1) year of passing the licensing examination.
View the Candidate Handbook for more detailed information about licensing requirements and instructions for scheduling an examination.